Why Select Business Process As A Service (BPaaS)?
A business process in its simplistic form is a task that must be completed to benefit business operations. Business Process as a Service implies that this business process is automated with the use of technology – usually remotely. It is term used for specific kind of web delivered services or cloud hosted services that assist enterprises in achieving business objectives effectively. All sorts of services can be offered and delivered with cloud technologies and the global IP network including PaaS (Platform as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service) and ITaaS (IT as a Service). BPaaS usually puts a few of these together to completely automate a business process and help them plan efficiency and versatility into their operations.
Why select BPaaS?
Business processes are important for enterprises to maintain consistency across the various functions of the organization. A well defined process ensures that your organization works at optimal efficiency and has a consistent – high quality output. For example, payroll processing is a complicated process that might need some automation in order to run smoothly. Managing shipping could also use automation so as to run efficiently. Services can be efficiently linked to other services in the cloud and to other applications in the data centre as well.
These are the characteristics that define BPaaS:
- The BPaaS sits on top of the other three foundational cloud services Saas, IaaS, and PaaS.
- BPaaS is completely configurable and customizable according to the process being designed.
- It must have well defined APIs so that it can be effectively connected to the other related services.
- It must be able to support multiple languages and multiple deployment environments. This is mainly because businesses evolve and grow and it cannot be predicted how business processes will be implemented in the future.
- A BPaaS must be a flexible and highly scalable solution. The underlying cloud service must also be optimized to support this type of elasticity and scaling.